Our products and business would not be here without our people. We treat all staff like family, we trust each other, and we always make time for fun. In addition to working with a dedicated and passionate group, you can expect the following as a Woodtone team member:
- Competitive salary and vacation plan (3 weeks)
- Performance based bonus & profit sharing.
- Flexible benefit plan, including RRSP matching.
- Daily breakfast and lunch provided.
- In-house gym
- Opportunities to develop, learn and grow within the organization.
- Flexible start/end times to suit your schedule and lifestyle, however no remote option.
As Accountant, you will be responsible for full-cycle accounting, reporting, AR/AP support and reconciliations. The ideal person will have excellent problem-solving skills, be a stickler for accuracy and details, be eager to grow their career in accounting and have experience working with confidential financial information. Reporting to the Controller, a portion of your time will be dedicated to supporting our AR and AP clerks. We are looking for someone who loves to provide great service and will contribute to our company culture by having fun and working as a cohesive team member.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full cycle accounting for group entities
- AR/AP preview, approval, training, and support
- Inter-company transactions
- Reconciliations for bank, GL, intercompany and corporate credit cards
- Monthly & year-end GL reconciliations & file preparation
- Asset listing maintenance
- Vendor and customer analysis
- Other special project tasks and coverage as needed.
- Actual to budget variance reviews for senior managers
- Assist with monthly financial statement preparation and related analysis
- External reporting: GST, PST, Corporate Tax, IFTA, EDC, Stats Canada
- Cash flow reporting
- General accounting, tax compliance, and financial records management of related companies
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Enrolled in a professional accounting program – CPA (CGA/CMA/CA)
- Experience with Sage, Great Plains or other large ERP is an asset.
- Experience with AR/AP is considered an asset.
- Experience in a multi-currency environment is considered an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Team first, upbeat, positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to comprehend and translate verbal and written instructions into action.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to focus in a fast-paced, dynamic, open-office environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Desire to learn and continuously improve.
- Ability to travel to the USA on an annual basis is considered an asset.
*Note: This is not a remote position and will be out of our head office in Chilliwack, BC.
To apply, please complete the information below. We thank everyone for their interest, however only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Agencies: Please do not contact us about this position.
To be considered for this role, please apply online, below.
8007 Aitken Road
Chilliwack, British Columbia