US Sales – Territory Manager (Texas)
Start Date: When available
Reports to: Sales Manager – South Central
Primary Territory: Austin, Texas
**Candidate must live locally in market (Austin)
Come join our awesome TEAM!
Woodtone is a family run business with 40-years of producing quality products for our customers. The products we create are the choice of builders, architects, and homeowners throughout North America. Woodtone’s products and services make homes look great and perform over the long term, without sacrificing the environment. The trust associated with the company has been earned by two generations of dedicated and passionate people that make up the Woodtone team.
Our products and business would not be here without our people. Relationships are first. We treat all staff like family, we trust each other, and we always make time for fun. In addition to working with a dedicated, creative, and passionate group, you can expect the following as a Woodtone team member:
- Competitive salary & car allowance
- Company bonus based on profit share
- Competitive benefit plan (medical, dental, vision, health spending account)
- Paid time off (sick pay/vacation)
- 401k matching
- Opportunities to develop, learn and grow within the organization
Woodtone is seeking a person who is highly motivated, self-disciplined and wants to contribute to the growth and success of a winning team. The position entails the development and maintenance of long-term business relationships with the various customers and distribution partners of Woodtone. These customers include builders, architects, designers, planners, project managers, distributors, wholesalers, and retail operations. We are looking for someone to be passionate about our products and grow with Woodtone.
In this role your focus will primarily be in the Texas market, supporting the Austin region, executing our sales strategy as you work independently in the territory to meet assigned targets. You will be supported with regular communication from the South-Central Sales Manager as well as an experienced order management team to achieve an unmatched customer experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new customers through proactive cold calling/relationship development.
- Develop, complete, and maintain customer profiles, business plans and partnerships to ensure sustainable long-term business relations.
- Complete quarterly business/performance reviews with key customers and distribution partners.
- Increase sales volume and margins to current customers – meeting and exceeding targets.
- Work with distribution partners to develop their sales and account management practices.
- Increase brand awareness of all Woodtone products.
- Communicate effectively with management and production to ensure sales objectives are achieved.
- Analyze sales information / data, to understand and improve the success of sales initiatives.
- Approx. 75% of your time will be spent on the road; 25% at home/office. Overnight travel required on occasion.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years’ relevant sales experience is required
- 5+ years’ experience in selling or working within the building product industry
- 5+ years’ experience working with industry stakeholders (distributors, retailers, architects, installers, lumber yards, contractors, builders etc.)
- Must have valid driver’s license & personal vehicle
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general sales systems, processes, and administrative duties.
- Knowledge of lumber (SPF, cedar), fiber cement and building materials.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and self-disciplined
- Able to work within a team, as well as independently
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks and assignments relating to company objectives.
- Willingness to learn and continually improve
- Well-developed, cross-platform communication skills
- Experience in using a CRM tool is an asset
To be considered for this role, please present your resume online, below.