Strategic Accounts & Business Development Representative (Full-Time) – Chilliwack, BC
Why work at Woodtone?
At Woodtone, we are proud of our exceptional work culture. Our products and business would not be here without our people. We treat our staff like family, we trust each other, and we always make time for fun. In addition to working with a dedicated and passionate group, you can expect the following as a Woodtone team member:
- Competitive salary and vacation plan
- Flexible benefit plan, including RRSP matching
- Profit sharing
- Daily breakfast and lunch provided
- Opportunities to develop, learn and grow within the organization
- Flexible start/end times to suit your schedule
Are you passionate about providing customers with an unparalleled experience? Do you wake up every morning with the desire to offer the perfect product solution? Woodtone is looking to add an ambitious team member, focusing on our strategic accounts (multi-family and commercial). This is an ideal role for someone who thrives in sales and has an education in architecture or construction.
The successful candidate will develop trusted business relationships with key stakeholders in the design, architectural, and builder market, guiding leads from product specification to final sale. You will provide contacts with the technical information they require to successfully bid with Woodtone products and ensure orders are accurately entered and executed on.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate and process commercial and multifamily orders with customers.
- Secure new product specifications with architects and developers for product sales.
- Develop new customers through proactive cold calling/relationship development.
- Regularly complete AIA presentations online and in person.
- Participate in inbound companywide leads.
- Develop, complete, and maintain customer profiles, business plans and partnerships to ensure sustainable long-term business relations.
- Increase sales volume and margins to current customers — meeting and exceeding targets.
- Increase brand awareness of all Woodtone products.
- Communicate effectively with management and production to ensure sales objectives are achieved.
- Analyze sales information / data, to understand and improve the success of sales initiatives.
- Occasional travel to the USA
Education & Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience of sales experience
- Education in architecture, construction, business, or a related field.
- Experience in building products and/or architectural specifications sales.
- Experience and confidence in conducting presentations.
- Experience using a CRM is considered an asset.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (outlook, excel, word)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Team first mindset
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize several assignments relating to company objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build positive relationships with peers and customers
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to occasionally travel within Canada and the USA
*Note: This is not a remote position. This position will be out of our head office in Chilliwack, BC.
To be considered for this role, please present your resume online, below.